Let's start by learning about the two types
CASHLESS CLAIM SETTLEMENT
- The whole process is cashless, and you won't have to pay anything except for the
deductible you have agreed.
- Your two-wheeler/bike insurance company has a vast list of authorized service centres
readily available for you!
REIMBURSEMENT OF CLAIM
- You inform the insurance company, have your two-wheeler repaired, pay for the
expenses and then raise a claim.
- After some verification, the insurance company disburses your claim amount minus the
Steps for filing a two-wheeler insurance claim process
Nervous about making a two-wheeler insurance claim? Following these
simple steps will ensure a faster, speedier and easier process:
- 1. Contact your two-wheeler insurance company
Get in touch with your insurance company at your earliest to register the claim.
Not doing so can lead to complications in the claim process!
- 2. Lodge a FIR
If your two-wheeler has been stolen or been in a major accident, you should file a FIR at
the nearest police station. it speeds up your claim approval and is a mandatory document
for initiating the claim settlement process!
- 3. Damage evaluation
In the case of an accident or accidental damage, you should also have the damage
evaluated immediately by a professional at a garage, preferably an authorized garage of
your insurance company. This will make you eligible for cashless benefits at the garage.
- 4. Settling claim via Reimbursement
Pay the service centre to initiate the claim process. Fill the relevant forms and submit the
required set of documents to ensure a quick, hassle-free and streamlined claim settlement!
Documents for filing a two-wheeler insurance claim
A comprehensive cover not only financially secures the third party
against accidental damage, injury and death caused by the insured
two-wheeler, it also extends the same benefits to the insured bike as
well. The following are the necessary documents that you need to
submit for a fast and easy claims process:
- Duly signed claim form.
- Copy of valid vehicle Registration Certificate (R.C.).
- Copy of valid Driving License (D.L).
- Copy of first two pages of policy document.
- FIR for accidental damage.
- Original repair bill, cash receipt, and proof of release.